This was the first time I had seen a carbon fiber head that broke. It almost completely sheered off at the head. In this case the metal rod stopped just before the head. I think if the model had the rod turn up into the head, it most likely would not have broken.
- Make a quick templet so I can cut the fiber to the correct shape. Then wrap it around the stick and the head.
- Finish off the fiber so you don't see any seams.
- Do a little final finishing of the piece.
- Wrap it with clear thread to help reinforce the pressure at the tip..
- Put the old hair back in.
IMG 20230404 094335 941 IMG 20230404 132801 810 | |
IMG 20230412 162222 636 IMG 20230412 165033 337 | |